Rubel's September 2020 Blog Post

    These past few weeks have been difficult and taxing, but necessary in helping me achieve my end goal of becoming a medical student. Although I’ve been struggling, I have also been learning a lot about the way I process mass amounts of information. I’ve been getting better at making those important connections about the material that can correspond to getting better grades. Whether it be thinking more about the mechanisms of actions for a class of drugs or remembering a specific side effect, such as red man’s syndrome, associated with a specific drug toxicity; I’ve learned I process things better through visual learning and repetitive visualization. This was an important connection to make. I’ll continue using these tactics, along with taking practice tests right after the material is presented, to self improve every day. 

This weekend I volunteered to read to elementary students at Kipp, but some things fell through on their end, and I haven’t been able to read to them through zoom yet. Hopefully that should happen sometime this coming week. I understand just how hard it is for these kids and parents being cooped up at home all day, and would love to help them out. I also wrote and mailed a letter to a fellow named Michael, who is a resident at The Woodlands Healthcare Center. He informed me that he liked animals and a good joke, so I described my dog to him, and told him a bad joke. Hopefully he appreciates at least one of the two. 


-Rubel Ghebermicael


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rubel's January 2021 Blog Post

Rubel's March 2021 Blog Post

Rubel's April 2021 Spring Blog Post