Rubel's February 2021 Blog Post

Food Donations: 1 hour


This has been a relaxing, but growth filled month. In medical pharmacology we began our neuro block, and it has been a very humbling experience to learn about the different psychiatric conditions that can affect the human mind, as well as the intricacies that our neural pathways play in maintaining our internal homeostasis. Looking more in depth at the different mechanisms of action in play with neurology has definitely given me a greater appreciation for the field as a whole. One of the topics we discussed was the condition of bipolar disorders. I hadn’t previously known that there were three different types, and the difference in displayed “mania” categorization between them. It's little things like that, that has given me even more motivation to understand as much as I can in the topics covered. We were also able to have a discussion with a Tulane fellow OBGYN, Dr. Naresh. She discussed her journey of becoming a physician, and the difficulties she faced with having to “close doors”  with certain decisions she had to make, and how she overcame those fears. Her talk helped me realize how I have the same problem myself, and that it is possible to find a solution that will work. During our break this month, I was also able to begin studying for the upcoming board exam in medical pharmacology. This has been a heavy point of stress for me, and I was glad to have some time to begin that process.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rubel's January 2021 Blog Post

Rubel's March 2021 Blog Post

Rubel's April 2021 Spring Blog Post